Koartan 6166 and 6125 silver pastes

Nathan Salowitz Salowitz at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 31 23:40:09 PST 2011

Hi Mary,
     According to the datasheets, it's only 10 minutes at temperature,
but the datasheets are written for a belt furnace, thus the longer cycle
time.  I talked to some of the techs at Koartan, they said it really
just needs enough time to reach equilibrium at temperature, not even the
full 10 min.  My understanding is that 10 min is on the long end of RTA
work, but doable...  I can forward you the datasheets if you would like.

     If the furnace you mention can do relatively quick runs, that would
be acceptable.  Because of other parts in my process, I am trying to
minimize time at temperature because I'm running into diffusion issues.
I tried a run in my lab's high temp furnace (which takes about 5 hours
to do a 900C cycle) and other parts of my sample didn't survive.  I've
also run them through short durations (3 minutes at 925) and they do
survive that.

     I'm happy to come in to talk to you about this tomorrow too, at any
time.

     Let me know,
         thanks,
             Nate