Fwd: Request for new materials allowed in the clean room

Mahnaz Mansourpour mahnaz at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 6 07:56:20 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Request for new materials allowed in the clean room
Date: 	Tue, 5 Jul 2011 17:50:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	Champ Phuthong <phuthong at stanford.edu>
To: 	mahnaz at snf.stanford.edu

Dear Mahnaz,

My name is Champ Phuthong, an MSE student in Lindenberg's group. As my special material request to SpecMat at snf.stanford.edu was bounced, I forward the request to you, according to Maureen.
I would like to request your permission for my samples to be measured the resistance/resistivity in the clean room. According to the procedures, I have provided the following information:

1. Contact Information: Frank Chen, Coral login =fc3, Phone Number = 5053104738, email = fc3 at stanford.edu,
Champ Phuthong, Coral login (soon), Phone Number = 6507967475, email = phuthong at stanford.edu
our PI = Aaron Lindenberg.

Frank Chen is my group member and an SNF lab member, he will be trained for the 4-point probe measurement.
I myself will apply for the SNF labmember and will be trained too.

2. The specification of materials: 0.1 wt% Nb-doped SrTiO3
Common name= -
Trade name = Niobium-doped Strontium Titanate
CAS Number = 1206-05-9 (that of Strontium Titanate)
Attached is the materials' MSDS (The manufacturing company tells me that MSDS for Nb:SrTiO3 can be replaced by that for SrTiO3)
The Storage Group Identifier = G Non-Reactive Materials and Non-Hazardous Materials
Main Hazardous Class = 11. Non Hazardous
I categorized this according to my knowledge from MSDS attached, please correct me if you find any incorrect part.

3. Vendor/Manufacturer info: MTI Corporation (Materials Tech. Intl.) 860 South 19th Street
Richmond, CA 94804, USA Tel: 510-525-3070, http://www.mtixtl.com/

4. Reason for request: It is the sample for photoanode of the photoelectrochemical cells. I would like to measure the sample's resistance/resistivity to check if I need to anneal it in order to make it so conductive that it works for my experiment. The company suggests that I use the 4-point probing.

5. Process Flow: Frank and I will measure the sample's resistance/resistivity using the 4-point probe machine.

6. Amount and form: 1 substrate at a time for testing, after annealing (if needed) to increase conductivity.

7. Storage: I will not store the sample at SNF.

8. Disposal: According to number 5., we will not dispose any waste or excess of the material.

Also, we have a few samples coming for testing in 2-3 weeks. I am looking forward to your reply. If you have any question or concern or there are some parts that I fill wrong, please let me know.

Your sincerely,
Champ Phuthong