Porous Silicon request Charles Holzwarth Intel

Holzwarth, Charles W charles.w.holzwarth at intel.com
Fri Jul 8 12:58:37 PDT 2011

Dear SpecMat Committee:

My name is Charles Holzwarth and I am research scientist at Intel who has recently joined SNF.   Part of my project requires the thermal doping of porous silicon wafers fabricated at Intel using a new tool we bought specifically for this purpose.   Attached are two documents,  a word doc describing the process I wish to perform at SNF and a pdf with the specs of our porous silicon etching system.  The main concern I see is that I will need to use clean rated furnaces at SNF after fabricating the porous silicon samples at Intel.  Although I do not see any obvious issues with the process I have outlined I understand the importance of maintaining the cleanliness of high temperature furnace and would understand if you require additional cleaning steps or other precautions be added to this process.

Best regards,
Charles Holzwarth