HfB2 Metal Coating

Scott Lee wslee at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 14 08:26:03 PDT 2011

Hi SpecMat Committee,

I have recently obtained some samples of hafnium diboride (HfB2) from a
collaborator at a materials science group at the University of Urbana
Illinois.  The HfB2 films were deposited on 'clean' group samples such as
bare silicon, oxide, and patterned polysilicon on oxide.

The films were not deposited in a clean room facility so I plan on handling
the samples as gold contaminated.  The samples will need to pass through
litho (headway and karlsuss) in addition to a few etch tools (mrc, pquest)
and potentially sts deposition (for an oxide hard mask).

Is it okay to work with this material in the cleanroom?  Please let me know
if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance,
Scott