Unity request for p5000etch

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 3 09:40:42 PDT 2011

Hi Lidia --

We've been reviewing your request for etching CMO materials on P5000
based on the info you'd sent last August.  The sticking point has been
the Manganese -- but when I spoke with Mary Calarrudo, she said that the
material to be etched was not Cobalt manganese oxide (which I think we'd
assumed "CMO" meant).  She says CMO is Complex Metal Oxide.

So, apologies for the delay, but I'm confused.  Could we get a
definitive description of the elements in the films you would like
etched in the p5000?  As well as some description of the type of process
(chemistry and chamber) you'd like to use?  You do not have to disclose
anything proprietary but part of the agreement of working at SNF is
sharing info about composition and processes to the degree other
researchers' work may be affected.  So, specific composition is not
needed, but certainly the elemental components would be helpful,
especially if things appear at trace levels.