ALD HfO2/Ge wet etch at wbgen

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 12 11:20:06 PDT 2011

Hi Aryan --

I take it you really mean wbgeneral as opposed to wbgen2?  If so,
wbgeneral should be fine.  You will need to make sure your labware is
clean if you want your samples to remain clean.

If you mean wbgen2, then I think we have to clarify what qualifies as
clean on this bench, since I don't believe Hf has been used on this before.

Please confirm which bench.

On 9/9/2011 6:00 PM, Aryan Hazeghi wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to wet etch HfO2 (ALD in Fiji-L clean chamber) /Ge at wbgen.
> I will be using 50:1 DI:HF (please see the attached paper as one example.)
> The reason I am choosing wet etch is because this is a thin film (50-70A)
> functioning as gate oxide. The purpose of my research is to study the
> interface and bulk properties modification of this film when exposed to a
> low temperature, high radical density plasma at low power (TEL SPA.) Hence
> the film need be preserved as much as possible and not exposed to other
> plasma that might interfere with analysis of the effects of the TEL SPA
> plasma. My feature size is ~1e2 um and not critical. I have not found a
> labmember using HfO2/Ge wet etch at this wetbench so I would like to
> confirm with specmat. I would like to know what draining procedure I
> should follow.
>
> Thank you,
>

> Best,
>
> Aryan