Apiezon Wax-W

Nathan Salowitz Salowitz at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 11 17:35:15 PDT 2012

Hello,
     I am seeking Specmat approval to use "Apiezon Wax-W" as a back side
protector in long KOH etches.

Use (Application): there are 2 possibilities for application of the
material:
1) I can use a hotplate in the litho area, other lab members who I've
discussed this process with said "put aluminum foil everywhere"
2) alternatively I can use a hotplate in my lab, not as clean but an option.

Use (KOH etch):
Uli indicated that it is ok to put this in the gold contaminated KOH
labware.

Removal: I have found alternate facilities neighboring my lab to remove
the material using established methods (xylenes) and as this is the last
step in my process, my samples will not need to re-enter the clean
room.  I am also still looking into alternate methods for removal.

Storage: I can store the wax in my lab, outside the SNF

an MSDS and datasheet are attached.
     Cheers,
         Nate