Apiezon Wax-W

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 11 17:43:11 PDT 2012

Hi Nathan --

This is the infamous "black wax" often used in the lab.  It's fine to
use at wbgeneral as Uli describes.  What we do have a problem with is
the mess it creates on the hotplates in litho.  I'll defer to Mahnaz on
how she would like (or not) to do this.  I can offer you a hotplate in
the wafersaw room as an alternative.  I would suggest that cleanroom
level cleanliness is not so important for applying black wax if the next
step is gold-contaminated KOH labware.  Xylenes is the preferred method
of removal at SNF (we don't allow TCA or borothene in the lab - these
the traditional methods.)

Mary