permission requested to transport mems chip immersed in ethanol from snf cleanroom

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 22 14:14:35 PST 2012

Hi Kim --

This sounds like a good plan.  As with any transported chemical, just
please make sure your containers are labeled with the contents and your
name and contact info.  This would include the secondary container.

By the way, the SpecMat emails are currently filtered -- I think it's
set up so that only if the originating email address is snf.stanford.edu
or an email that your snf email forwards to, then it's posted.
Otherwise, it's rejected.  We should work on another way to submit requests.

On 2/22/2012 1:57 PM, Scott Lee wrote:
> + John Bumgarner
>
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Kimberly L. Harrison<klharris at stanford.edu
>> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My name is Kimberly Harrison.  I am working in Prof. Howe's group (EE) on
>> mems devices.  I am designing a new process for my group which involves a
>> new coating.  I will need to release these devices using a wet HF dip
>> inside the snf cleanroom.  After this standard release (which we have
>> performed at the snf many times before), I will need to keep the pieces
>> immersed in ethanol as I transport them out of the cleanroom to our own lab
>> space where I will coat them.  The pieces will not return to the snf
>> cleanroom after this.
>>
>> We currently have a 125 mL polypropylene jar with a screw-on top for
>> primary containment, and a standard bottle carrier for secondary
>> containment.  After placing the pieces in the containers, a colleague will
>> pass the container to me through the door at the service area.
>>
>> Please let me know if this is an appropriate plan.
>>
>> Thank You,
>> Kimberly Harrison

Paul G. Allen Room 136, Mail Code 4070
mtang at stanford.edu