blunder

Rita Deleon hfv at miyakenet.biz
Tue Aug 29 19:06:19 PDT 2006

We must free ourselves altogether from the influence of women.
Satish, with a tremor in hisvoice, said: Damini, will you listen to me? There was a festival on at the temple and we hadsupposed that Satish would be there.
I was feeling done todeath with mystic emotion.
But the latter had no interest in worldly concerns. The excuse was lacking intruth, but not in rudeness. Moreover, what happened is so difficult to tell. If you have the patience todive deep, you will find all calm there. I am the only person, near at hand, with whom there isno question either of love or hate.
If you have the patience todive deep, you will find all calm there.
This occupation, viewed as anexcuse, was simply hopeless.
Evening afterevening, pipe after pipe was exhausted, yet the Master was unable tomake up his mind.
Everything seemed to be falling to pieces around us.
Such sin will nevercross my mind again, I promise you. His progress was suddenly arrested at thethreshold. Annada bestowed on hisson-in-law a house in Calcutta and sufficient money to keep him forlife. It was while in this frame of mind that he had become adisciple of Lilananda Swami. Nabins wife had brought her motherlessyounger sister to live with them. It could easily have waited till the endof our sitting.
It seemed to me that it was my devotion to her which Damini was usingthe mongoose to show off.
The kite was not the only object which engaged Daminis solicitude.
I am the only person, near at hand, with whom there isno question either of love or hate. Evening afterevening, pipe after pipe was exhausted, yet the Master was unable tomake up his mind. Then something seemed to cling about my feet.
All his property was sold up and he had hardlyenough left to make a bare living.
There was a mongrel pup, whose looks were on a par with its breeding. But now, her empty place had becomeconspicuous.
The day was fast declining, and the moon was long pastits full.
I crawled back to my blanket and stretched myself on it again.