fanfare mortally

Bertie Williamson ggcbzr at fcc-hsv.org
Sat Sep 2 08:06:00 PDT 2006

That night at dinner he was in his best form.
I thought thechap upstairs looked too formidable for the ordinary globe-trotter. Sandy would, for he would always have open ears,but I was getting pretty dull of hearing.
Thats right enough, provided youre ready to accept the coldplunge when it comes.
Mafudi is always drunk, and also veryold.
Sandy would, for he would always have open ears,but I was getting pretty dull of hearing.
He cannot have muchmoney with him, but they may force him to find them money. I have always been good friendswith Mafudis folk.
All he said was, They will try to make me dotheir will, and if I do not consent they will kill me.
He was the typical badman, daring and resourceful and reputed a dead shot. I do not know what is inside except a black stonewhich fell from heaven. The vrows have gone back to the town, said Peter solemnly.
Even Lombard, who was always neat in hisdress, looked shabby by contrast. Are you after thetrippers that we found on the road last week? With his pretty love-birds he carries too heavybaggage for anything very desperate.
I waited for him to explain himself, for I was fairly certain thatthis meeting was not accidental.
The date was the fifteenth ofOctober the year before last. The whole crowd makean ugly splash of aniline dye on this sober landscape.
Better to meet them here and have done with it.
Hecomes now like a ghost out of the past, and he means evil. If theskellums were strong enough to break in, I think that Mafudis menmight be very angry.
I remembered a good many things, especially a story into whichLombard came.
Peter overruled all my objections in his quiet way. But he scarcely spoke a word on the way back, andwhen I got out of bed in time for luncheon, Mrs. A quiet murdermight be in their line, but they wont want to fight a battle. Theyseemed to be in excellent spirits, and were very full of chat.