long-distance unroll

Ida Beltran qxq at studrail.co.uk
Fri Sep 8 11:59:25 PDT 2006

Hes a great man, Flaminio, whatever you maysay!
Have you been sleeping with the front door open again?
And, amonastic enclosure in every sense of the word, dont you know? But if welistened to what every little bird has to say. Let us offer it to the Lord as a penancefor our sins.
Don Cosmo was lost in admiration of the room, which had suddenly beenmade unrecognisable.
You can imagine, Capolino went on, how he began splashing with hisfeet to regain his balance.
An absurd business, believe me, absurd and terrible at thesame time!
Good, good, good, Capolino expressedhis approval. ThePrince, to say the very least, must be a man of five or six andsixty.
But you know, he went on, turning to Nini, my finefellow, havent you made up your mind yet?
Flaminio took himi from the scales and gave him a job in his bigsulphur deposit on the east shore.
ThePrince, to say the very least, must be a man of five or six andsixty. I dont mean only the place, Capolino went on, I am thinking of thepeople here as well. He broke off at a gesture of protest from De Vincentis.
Besides, it was thesignal for his own dinner as well.
He certainly would not repeat the mistake of leading theconversation to the books of philosophy.
Old as I am, they would have me to reckon with! He comes up here to see me sometimes, on Sundays, from PortoEmpedocle. Do you know, Don Cosmo, that at Alcamo they call the little pigsangels?
Don Cosmoat once cut him short, laying a hand on his shoulder. ButFlaminio will take good care to choose his man first!
But, with you here; his son always in Rome. There he shall not set foot,or I kill him, take the word of Mauro Mortara! Good, good, good, Capolino expressedhis approval.
Let us offer it to the Lord as a penancefor our sins. FlaminioSalvo, in General Laurentanos villa?
Could it be a question, perhaps, of Salvos daughter?
And, amonastic enclosure in every sense of the word, dont you know?