lightly

Norman Woodard dgeod at doctorbob.ca
Fri Sep 15 10:14:41 PDT 2006

On the bench under the hau tree he found Barbara sitting alone.
Havent time to talk, he cried, leaping intothe roadster. You understand what it means to lie tome?
Afamiliar figure was jauntily crossing the street. Some other time, thanks, John Quincy said wearily. Through the hedges of flaming hibiscus he caught againthe exquisite odors of this exotic island. Ill start the force after that carto-night.
They cant get away with stuff like that around here.
It would be retreating under fire, he objected.
Ill say it, even if he was your relative.
Some ofthem are dropping in at my house tonight for an informal little party. But what you suggest would take a bit of doing. There was a moments delay, and then the clatter of feet along the dock.
Well, I havent been about much, of course.
More than that, Ive given you the first two numbers on the licenseplate of the car. Havent time to talk, he cried, leaping intothe roadster.
Peaceful old Boston, that was where he belonged. Yes, sir, Ill bet he made those Englishmen sit up and takenotice.
If I could only tell him what I think of him, Id feelbetter.
Appear frequentlydemanding any news, but Lau Ho is unable to oblige. First, tell me who engaged yourcar last Saturday night.
Howwas the steward on the PRESIDENT TYLER connected with the murder of DanWinterslip?
On the bench under the hau tree he found Barbara sitting alone.
They cant get away with stuff like that around here.
The doorman ranforward and busied himself with luggage. For he knew now that Charlie Chan had not called him on the telephone.
Abit of a chat, and then a moonlight swim. Clarks ourprofessional, explained the young man to John Quincy.
But he wasnt thinking of that, he was thinkingof the watch on the drivers wrist. Were so faraway, New England will never get us straight.
Alittle witch-hazel might help your face. Gentleman I meet once say Boston are like China. More than that, Ive given you the first two numbers on the licenseplate of the car.
No gambler myself but will wagerincreditable sum Spaniard waits on dock for Mr. John Quincy felt he hadwandered into a futurist drawing.
John Quincystood staring after them, a puzzled expression on his face. He had quite forgotten that shesmiled when she said it.