meteor legend

Dorothy Ferrell xgo at lindamcrae.com
Mon Sep 18 16:05:59 PDT 2006

Good, good, good, Capolino expressedhis approval. They told him that the boy was the son of a poorweighman on the beach where the sulphur is loaded.
The trio, whohad drawn near to the villa, talking together, turned round to look.
Don Cosmo exclaimed, shrugging his shoulders.
You will be looking after Dianucciasroom, eh? A new kind of conscience, his, said Capolino.
Capolino was about to protest; but Don Cosmo stopped him:Let me explain! Your honour must do me thefavour of a glass of wine. Finally Don Cosmo appeared at one of the windows of the villa. Oh, of course, Petrarch, what a fool I am! The carriage, a little way beyond the Seta, turned into the grounds ofValsania from the high road.
Nini became genuinely distressed; turned pale; and said in a firmvoice:You annoy me, avvocato! Why, bathing in the sea, at PortoEmpedocle. Flaminio took himi from the scales and gave him a job in his bigsulphur deposit on the east shore.
Affection, though, I should say,up to a certain point only.
But you know, he went on, turning to Nini, my finefellow, havent you made up your mind yet? Ifired, and, quick as lightning, I heard a shot come. And how zealously he has embraced ourcause! Shebecomes a Princess, you say, and Princess of Laurentano: let us say,Queen of Colimbetra!
Don Cosmo exclaimed, shrugging his shoulders. You havent been there for years and years, to Colimbetra, eh? He has deciphered ten of them already, said Nini. He certainly would not repeat the mistake of leading theconversation to the books of philosophy.
But you have chosen this roomfor yourself, perhaps, Don Cosmo?
Nini became genuinely distressed; turned pale; and said in a firmvoice:You annoy me, avvocato!
Good, good, good, Capolino expressedhis approval.
To get into society, with all theprivileges of a lady? And, after a pause, heavy with feigned grief, a fresh sigh, of adifferent kind:Mah!
Affection, though, I should say,up to a certain point only.
Petrarch, excuse me, dear avvocato, Petrarch!
Don Cosmo was lost in admiration of the room, which had suddenly beenmade unrecognisable.
That old ruffian had never said a wordabout it!
Perhaps, now and then, I dont say, I may have made a bad shot. You know, then, that he works for Flaminio now? In the seat of my breeches, a shower ofpellets. Perhaps, now and then, I dont say, I may have made a bad shot.
She is going to shut herself up at Colimbetra!
And, amonastic enclosure in every sense of the word, dont you know? Ah, I begin to understand, said Don Cosmo.