Comment stresstest SNF 2007-11-05 10:21:06: computer

rissman at snf.stanford.edu rissman at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 5 10:21:07 PST 2007

I found the system in a state indicating "ready to be shutdown" having exited windows on 11/2/07.  I was unable to reboot the system and I was concerned about  the hard disk.  This morning I ran scandisk with a surface scan and there were no issues.  For reasons that I don't understand, I was able to run windows this morning.  I am now defraging the hard disk.  This should rewrite most of the sectors.