Problem sts SNF 2007-03-06 18:25:15: system could not vent??

kdegreve at snf.stanford.edu kdegreve at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 6 18:25:17 PST 2007

I tried 4 times to vent the chamber (F3-enter-F1-enter); each time I could never hear the valve open, but the 'venting chamber - please wait' message did appear; waiting for 15 minutes didn't give any visible gap between the lid and the gap - pushing the blue buttons obviously didn't open the chamber.
Maybe rebooting the system might help; however, being a new user, I didn't feel that sure to do so.
I interrupted the last venting cycle and left the system with the Ar gas flow switched ON again.