Tool shutdown 8/17-8/26]

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 10 13:53:47 PDT 2005

A friendly reminder and an important change

Change: The ag4108 will be down for all processes during this shutdown
because the ag4100 N2 and O2 lines will be welded into the ag4108 supply
lines.

Fab users,

STS (dep) and ag4108 disruption alert, August 17, 2005, one and a half
weeks duration.

The ag4108 and the STS pecvd tools will be off-line for processes
requiring ammonia gas for one and a half weeks starting around August
17. I believe the one and a half weeks quoted is generous and the actual
time may be less than 1  week. This schedule allows permitting and
inspection activities to occur at the same time as needed for a
scheduled furnace shutdown, thus minimizing overall fab downtime.

Please plan ahead for your tool needs.

Thank you for your patience and support,

Dick

Details:

The NH3 gas cabinet supplies both the ag4108 and STS tools. NH3 gas
lines are being extended to the ag4100 (new install) and the ALD
(rebuilt spectrum2).  Since the toxic and house gases are regulated by
Santa Clara County Building and Environmental Departments, all work must
be tested and inspected according to their timetable. We will complete
as much preliminary work as possible prior to shutting down gases.