Deposition over Nanowire and etc.

Pengyu Fan fanpy839 at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 3 10:52:55 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I'd like to deposit a passivation layer of oxide or nitride over silicon substrate with nanowires and metallic patterns on it. The ideal thickness of the layer would be comparable and a bit larger than the diameter of the nanowires or the thickness of the metallic patterns (20~30 nm).

If anyone has done similar process with STS before, could you tell me the layer you deposited is flat and smoothly covering everywhere OR it has bumps on top of where the nanowires or metallic patterns are?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Pengyu

2009-04-03

Pengyu Fan

PhD student, Materials Science & Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
BS in Physics 2008, School of Physics, Peking University, Beijing, China