STS PECVD Cleans Policy

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 1 16:32:24 PDT 2009

All,

There appears to be confusion related to the use of community service
when cleaning the STS PECVD system.  The following paragraph from
Jeannie defines the expectation.  We will monitor Coral and the log
sheets to make sure the correct procedures are being
followed.  Please note, if you are responsible for a process which
triggers a clean before it's time, you must complete the clean before
leaving the system.  It is not OK to have another lab member complete
the clean cycle.

"The low temperature users or any users bring the STS down before its
time, is responsible for a full clean and should be charged. They are
to do the full clean themselves. When we go down for a regular clean
(because we've reached the required amount of deposition (4.5 um) or
seeing particulates) the community is responsible for helping with
the clean and can charge to "community service STS".
Jeannie"

Regards,
Ed