Help with Quartz in STS PECVD

Elibol, Oguz H oguz.h.elibol at intel.com
Mon Sep 7 23:26:07 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to deposit PECVD nitride on a quartz wafer patterned with Ti/Au. When I placed the quartz wafer on the plate, the wafer cracked due to thermal shock. I don't have any experience in processing quartz wafers, but I assume one easy way of fixing the problem is to bring down the temperature and ramp it up slowly to 350 C after placing the wafer at room temperature. If anyone has experience processing quartz substrates in the PECVD could you please share your experience with me? Thanks,

Oguz