what's with all these 18+ hour signups for the STS?

Dario Amodei damodei at princeton.edu
Mon Aug 30 19:34:09 PDT 2010

I am curious about this as well.  Is there any chance I could use the
machine for 20 minutes (5500 A of high-frequency oxide) sometime in the
next two days?  It is a very short deposition and it is holding up my
entire process.  I tried to do my deposition last night but got the
now-infamous silane error.  Zpatel, fungus?