STS dep update

maurice stevens maurice at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 23 17:15:44 PDT 2012

Hello STS Dep users,

The STS Dep continues to have multiple issues.  Jim has sent out the low
frequency generator for repair and it is scheduled to return late this
week or early next week.

The system at present can run high frequency depositions ...but only
manually...we can't run your existing programs.  Thank you Predeep for
working with Jim and Jim to get the manual part working.  And we can't
run cleans until we get the low generator back.

Jim H, John Shott and Jim McVittie (on vacation this week) are still
trying to understand why we can't run the system in the auto mode (does
it get some signal for the other generator?).  Jim H is also talking to
another owner of an STS system and a service provider in the U.K.  STS
no longer supports this system.

We will update you all again later this week.

-m

maurice at stanford.edu

Maurice Stevens
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility