Problem stsetch SNF 2005-12-02 22:01:53: Machine Down

ericp at snf.stanford.edu ericp at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 2 22:01:54 PST 2005

Found the machine with the turbo OFF, red alarm, Overcurrent.
The machine had been improperly rebooted, which apparently
caused the turbo failure.
Called Cesar, got turbo to come back alive, but
loadlock cannot pump down.
LL seems to SOFTpump to about 300mT, crosses
over to HARDpump (verified by sound, and pneumatic)
but it appears that the hardpump pneumatic valve is not opening.
Lock pressure does not change at all when pneumatic
pressure is applied to hardpump valve.  hovers between
200-300mT.
Cesar and I think that the pressure boosting pump may not
be generating sufficient pressure to open the pneumatic
valve.  (or the valve is stuck).  You can hear the pressure
boosting pump working while trying to open the valve.
I'm leaving it in YELLOW in case the LL valve starts working
again.  Cesar may come over the weekend to look at
it.
-Eric