Problem stsetch SNF 2009-08-13 10:51:43: bad etch again

quickwin at snf.stanford.edu quickwin at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 13 10:51:43 PDT 2009

Nancy Latta said that a large chunk of wafer was retrieved from the chamber which might be responsible for my previous bad etch.  So I tried again.  This time, I watched it throughout the etch.  Mask erosion occurred quickly and wafer color was dark, which are both abnormal.  I had to stop the etch 20 minutes before the normal finish time.  This wafer is bad again.  I think this machine requires thorough cleaning and checking for leaks.