Problem stsetch SNF 2010-06-09 21:43:36: DON'T USE! STS is eating my wafers!

damodei at snf.stanford.edu damodei at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 9 21:43:37 PDT 2010

The STS seems to be performing magic tricks.  I had a wafer etching in the machine.  The etching completed.  I tried to unload the wafer.  It didn't come out, but isn't in the chuck anymore either.  It seems to have vanished.  Presumably it is still in the machine somewhere, but where?  And why weren't any alarms triggered?
Anyway, please don't use the machine until this is cleared up.  My wafer is extremely valuable and depending on where it is I don't want it to break on the next load (your wafer could break too!)