Shutdown stsetch SNF 2010-09-15 15:58:09: SF6 MFC problem

mtang at snf.stanford.edu mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 17 16:58:47 PDT 2010

Elmer replaced the MFC with a recalibrated unit.  The pumping speed test indicates the average flow value is good.  The MFC seems a bit unstable -- overshooting and undershooting during process.  But the average pressure is where we should be (28 mt for deep.)  According to experts, the SF6 flow is not critical, but the pressure is.
Process qual was done, but not yet analyzed.  In the meantime, it is back over for general use.  We will keep an eye on the SF6 MFC.  Please report any problems observed.