thick sio2 etch: 8um

Thu Aug 17 10:21:27 PDT 2000

Bendik,

I understand that STS does have a new dielectric etch tool (see
http://www.stsystems.com/AOEarticle.html). I do not know the details
of thier process but I am sure that it can not be run in our STS
etcher. What is available is our AMAT P5000. It has a thermal oxide etch
rate of 3000A/min however the resist selectivity is only around 3. A
polySi etch mask possibly could work for your need.

			Jim McVittie