holder question

Nancy Latta latta at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 18 11:23:41 PST 2001

Folks,

I think I might be able to shed some light on the sealing problem with the
holder.  With use, and not surprising, polymer builds up on the holder,
including on the backside where the lip seal makes contact with the holer.

The fix is a long acetone soak to 'loosen' the polymer and a good rubbing
with a q-tip (trying not to scratch the surface of the holder) to
physcially remove the polymer.  Yep, you can see it.

I have started that process this morning in the GaAs solvent wetbench.  If
you need the holder before I get back to this, please feel free to jump on
it with a q-tip.

The polymer build -up is something everyone using the holder should be
looking for.

				Nancy