litho process for STS etch

Luan_Van at Etec.com Luan_Van at Etec.com
Wed Nov 14 09:50:27 PST 2001

Dear users,

I'm currently having problems with my AZ9245 resist--coated in my company's
fab--about 17-20um thick getting etched completely within an hour.  I mount
my 200um wafer on a carrier wafer with about 2um of resist in between, and
bake it in a 120C oven for 3hr with a heavy object on top of it.

I want to etch 10um trenches that are 200um deep, which typically takes 3
hours on the STS etcher.  I hear that the SPR220-7 resist has a higher etch
resistance.  Does any one have this similar problem?  Can someone
recommend a process for me using the SPR220-7 resist (thickness, bake time,
exposure time, and development time)?  Also, how do you mount the carrier
wafer (resist thickness, bake time, any tricks)?

Thanks very much.

Luan Van
Process development engineer
Etec Systems, an AMAT Co.