The STS tool working OK

John Das Jdas at activeoptical.com
Tue Jan 7 13:37:17 PST 2003

 Hi,

 The  DRIE tool worked OK for our ~45 um Deep etch process.

 Using the recipe 'DEEP, we got about 2.1 um/min etch rates, compared to
 about 2.4 um/min etch rate we got before the Holidays using the same
 etch mask [15% exposed Si]. The process pressure roday is about 34 mt,
 which is slightly lower than the usual ~38 mt for this recipe.

 This pressure difference, associated with the slightly lower etch rate
 may be due to the cleanlyness of the reactor and vacuum fittings.

 Happy processing & Happy New Year.

 John Das