Change in STS etch chiller temperature

Sharleen Beckwith beckwith at cis.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 20 10:00:01 PST 2003

At 8:51 AM -0800 3/20/03, Donald Disney wrote:
>My etch results have also been degraded, apparently by the change in chiller
>temperature.  I would like to see how many people were adversely impacted by
>this change vs. the number that benefited.  I suspect more were adversely
>affected.  If so, I request that the SNF staff please consider reseting the
>temperature.  Please send your comments.
>
>Don Disney

I was worried, after spending days/weeks dealing with resist
problems, and running resist
etch tests, that now my resist wouldn't work again. I object to
randomly changing machine
parameters without any testing what-so-ever. When I asked process and
maintenance about
how this would affect resist etching no one knew. We etched our
wafers early this morning
for 4 hours and the resist held up. Lucky for us.

I do not know what affect this will have on the Molecular Biology
Consortium/Hawaii wafers,
however. These wafers were difficult to etch to begin with.

Sharleen
--

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong,

Theodore Roosevelt
writing in the Kansas City Star
May 7, 1918