Change in STS etch chiller temperature

Myers, Alan M alan.m.myers at
Thu Mar 20 10:41:24 PST 2003

	The change in temperature resulted in "grass" at the bottom of my
structures.  The more anisotropic the etch, the worse the grass was.  Now
that the temperature has been reset back to its original value, the grass is
gone and my wafers look great!

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Disney [mailto:ddisney at]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 8:51 AM
To: 'stsetch at'
Subject: Change in STS etch chiller temperature

My etch results have also been degraded, apparently by the change in chiller
temperature.  I would like to see how many people were adversely impacted by
this change vs. the number that benefited.  I suspect more were adversely
affected.  If so, I request that the SNF staff please consider reseting the
temperature.  Please send your comments.

Don Disney