Change in STS etch chiller temperature

Sharleen Beckwith beckwith at cis.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 20 13:27:51 PST 2003

Hi All:

>According to the logs, the original chiller was re-installed, and set to
>the correct temperature (18 deg C, Cesar Baxter, July 22).
>Sometime later (no record), the ciller was changed to 12 C.  This
>has caused numerous problems for numerous people.  We couldn't get a
>clean bottom on trenches or open areas even with the baseline process
>(something that is pretty fundamental!).

This begs the following questions: Who changed it to 12C, why, and why was
no one told?

I don't have a problem with parameters changing when necessary. I do have
a problem when things get changed and the user base is not informed. For all
I know that change to 12C could have caused the problems with my resist.
I have spent numerous hours trying to figure out what was wrong. It worked,
then it didn't work, now it is working again.

Sharleen
--

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong,

Theodore Roosevelt
writing in the Kansas City Star
May 7, 1918