etching through wafer

Andrew Arthur Davenport adaven at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 8 03:55:32 PDT 2004

stsetch users,
   I'm trying to etch a 8um hole through a 325um wafer.  I've tried the
standard recipies (deep and fastdeep), and also 7um and 10um resist.  None
of these seem to be able to etch through within 4 hours (by that time the
resist is burnt).  Have tried bonding to another wafer with photoresist - it
improves the resist lifetime but will still burn eventually.  Just wondering
if anyone had experience with small deep features (or aspect ratios >30).
I'm currently trying one of the recipies in the Ayon paper listed on the SNF
website, but am uncertain of whether it will work.

Thanks,
Andrew Davenport