Reservation Policy Poll!

Nancy Latta latta at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 12 16:26:35 PST 2004

Fellow Stsetcher’s,

As you might have guessed, there have been many heated and enlightening
‘hallway’ discussions about the 24/7 use of the etcher and the new
changes to the coral reservation system. This seems to be a good time to
gather everyone’s thoughts about what should or should not be done.

Please take a moment and answer the following questions. I’ll be happy
to share the results of this survey. Thanks!

1) What are your thoughts on the new coral feature which allows for
reservations to be made 10 days in advance?

2) What are your thoughts on the new coral feature which allows for
reservations to be made for unlimited amounts of time within a day?

3) We may have to start thinking about establishing time restrictions on
reservations. Please think about your use of the tool and answer the
following; What is a reasonable maximum time limit for a reservation per
day? Per week? Per month? Keep in mind that these limits will need to be
self policed and enforced.

4) Should I continue to automatically reserve time to be given to
labmembers who are unable to get reservations? Should it be on an other
that first-ask-first served basis?

-Nancy

--
---