rookie questions

Ignacio A. Zuleta izuleta at stanford.edu
Wed May 5 23:09:56 PDT 2004

Dear STS users,

I am in the process of optimizing a process flow that involves the use of
the STS machine here in the lab. I am considering using oxide as a mask,
and I wanted to check that I am thinking about the process right. I am
planning to use tylanbpsg to put oxide on a Al-coated double-polished
wafer(just one side), then I planned to pattern the oxide (and the Al
layer) with the same mask using the P5000, finally STSetching trenches and
release windows on the front and back of my wafer, respectively. The
questions I have are:

* Is the P5000 plasma etcher the right tool to pattern the oxide?

* Are oxide masks better in any sense than PR masks in an STS etch?

Thanks,

Ignacio
--
Ignacio A. Zuleta