Unused STSetch reservations

Benjamin Chui bwchui at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 16:01:14 PDT 2005

This is a reminder that if you are not going to use a reservation on
the STS etcher, please delete it.

Today, 7 prime-time machine hours were wasted because both users failed
to show up.  This is particularly exasperating because both
reservations were made by staff members using their 'super-horizon' to
beat the regular 4-day reservation horizon, so that ordinary users
didn't even have a chance to try to grab the time.

I suggest that we limit the number of hours per day that can be
reserved using the 'super-horizon', so that everyone will get somewhat
equal access to the machine.

Ben Chui