STS etcher question

Steve Zhuang xzhuang at stanford.edu
Tue May 10 10:24:18 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a question concerning overheating and resist burning in the STS
etcher. I STS etched from the back side of a silicon wafer that was bonded
to a quartz wafer using photoresist. The photoresist adhesive was uniform
and baked property. However, during the 1 hour etching time, the photoresist
mask on the silicon wafer was partially burned, and the adhesive photoresist
between the silicon and quartz wafers became very non-uniform. I think this
problem might have been caused by overheating during etching. Does anyone
have similar experiences? Your input is highly appreciated!

Thanks

Steve Zhuang