Shutdown stsetch2 SNF 2007-10-06 01:09:17: Electrical burning smell?

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Oct 6 01:09:20 PDT 2007

At about 12:15 am Saturday morning (AKA late Friday night) I received a call that folks smelled something near stsetch2.  I cleared the lab until I could get in.
While detectors showed nothing, there appears to be an intermittent burning electrical smell coming from inside the left end of the machine .... strongest coming out of the cover behind the turbo pump.
As there were no stsetch2 experts, I decided that it was appropriate to hit the EPO buttons on that machine.
Hopefully the smell will quickly dissipate.
Thanks,
John