Comment stsetch2 SNF 2009-07-22 18:54:20: Update PM

eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 22 18:54:20 PDT 2009

Replaced 3 plastic bulkhead clamps with aluminum ones.  The plastic KF clamps were burnt and deformed by the chamber heat.  Leak rate however was still about 10 mT/min.  Found leaks in the coil area and the bottom electrode.  Unable to pin point either leaks because of obstructions.  I will disassemble the coil assembly again to check the sealing surfaces (all o-ring in the coil assembly have been replaced).
As far as the bottom electrode leak, we will need to discuss bringing in field service to rebuild the electrode assembly.
Note:  The leak rate was about 10 mT/ min before the PM started.