Comment stsetch2 SNF 2011-08-04 17:21:46: STS2 -Regarding the coil chiller interlock problem

mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 4 17:21:46 PDT 2011

The water flow switch is the issue.  Using a different chiller, I  was able to  get the flow switch to flip when the flow was increased to 0.3 GPM.  I can not leave this 2nd chiller on the tool since it is only rated for a 1Kw coolling capacity while we can put up to 3 Kw into the ICP coil.  We have ordered larger diameter plastic to  decrease water line resistance and thus increase the flow. The manual says that the chiller has a internal pressure relief regular which controls the output pressure. Tomorrow, I will see if we can get at that regulator to increase the chille output opressure and thus increase flow. For the testing I did with the substitute chiller, I found 30psi was needed to get the 0.3 GPM flow.
   Jim