Qualified stsetch2 pilots?

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 2 15:04:05 PDT 2010

stsetch2 community:

Frank Montano from STS field service has made some changes that he
believes have addressed the issues that folks have been seeing.  In
particular, he believes that the lift-pins are coming up faster and now
lift the wafer off the carousel before the carousel begins to retract.
He has also made some adjustments to the RF matching network that he
believes will address the drop out issues.

At this point, we are looking for someone able to test the machine ....
on expendable wafers ... to see where we stand.  The machine is
currently shutdown but enabled in Elmer's name so you should be able to
run it for testing purposes.

Note: aside from testing, we will likely leave it shutdown overnight to
allow for a complete disk defragmentation to run.  The disk has become
badly fragments and resolving that is the first thing to do in terms of
addressing the painfully slow recipe loading that has been observed
recently.

If anyone is available and can help out, I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, if you are available to help, please "Reply all" to this mailing
list so that we don't end up with a group of folks trying to pitch in
simultaneously.

Thank you for your support,

John