STS2 Status

Fri Jun 25 09:08:21 PDT 2010

Hi,

Thanks to help from Elmer and a software engineer in England, STS2 is back
up.  To make sure that everyone uses updated recipes. We have removed of
the old recipes. Please contact Srikant Vaithilingam or myself if you want
us to correct, test and restore an old recipe. We were not able to remove
or correct the old template recipes which are locked and cannot be changed
or removed. Until we can figure out how to correct the template recipes do
not use them. The exception is "Jim SOI Templete" which has been corrected
and tested. Also do not make any changes to the tolerance file. I am
looking into how to make them protected files so they can not be changed
by users.

The corrections we are making to the old recipes are:

1. Changing the tolerance file from standard to switched or unswitched as
needed. This change makes sure a process with excessive reflective power
faults out rather than damaging the rf generator.

2. Reducing the max coil power to 2800W or less. We have found that some
users have increased the coil power to reduce grass formation. While this
may reduce grass, it is wrong approach. The proper approach for increasing
ion energy for reducing grass is to increase the platen power NOT THE COIL
POWER. Accessive coil power with poor matching settings is the main cause
for the power drop out problem.

3. Adjusting the tune and load matching pre-sets for both the coil and
platen (low and high frequency) generators, to minimize the initial
reflected power. Later, I will send out a list of starting pre-sets for
different standard recipes. For ramped recipes, one has to set both a
begining and ending valve for each of the four matching pre-sets ( dep
tune, dep load, etch tune and etch load). If the platen matching is not
set correctly, it can affect the coil matching and cause drop outs.

4. Checking that the pulse mode is set correctly for the low frequency SOI
processes.

5. Checking that all switched recipes start with a dep step and if there
are multiple steps, that each one starts with a dep step.

	Thanks, Jim

James (Jim) P. McVittie, Ph.D.	        Sr. Research Scientist
Paul G. Allen Building                  Electrical Engineering
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility       jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Stanford University             	Office: (650) 725-3640
Rm. 336X, 330 Serra Mall		Lab: (650) 721-6834
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Fax: (650) 723-4659