Comment svgcoat SNF 2009-04-23 00:27:13: Re: bubbles and comets

bchui at snf.stanford.edu bchui at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 23 00:27:14 PDT 2009

Just wanted to add the observation that the bubbles not only occur near the beginning of the resist (when it might be affected by caked resist near the nozzle tip, etc) but at all stages of the dispense.  So, the bubbles/comets might end up near the center of the wafer or near the edge of the wafer with equal probability.  I was already cleaning the nozzle with acetone q-tip between wafers but it didn't help.  I ran five of my own test wafers and there was no noticeable improvement between the first and the fifth wafers (if anything it got worse), so it's not just a matter of running enough dummies to 'purge' out the system.  I also ran the same resist program (10um thick resist with 2mm EBR) 24 hours prior and there were a few bubbles but not as bad as tonight.