Resolution? Re: Suggestion RE: Photoresist lifting problems

Mohammed H. Badi mbadi at relgyro.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 11 18:44:12 PST 2002

Hello all,
  I was wondering if the resist adhesion problem was resovled today (Friday).
I would like to do some processing this weekend but I obviously would like to
avoid any delamination problems.
  If you know anything, please do let me know (but don't email the whole list
-- we don't want to fill up everyone's mailbox).  I'll post a message with
the responses once I hear back from people.
   Thanks.

moe.
mbadi at snf

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Sharleen Beckwith wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2002 6:50:18 PM Pascal (pzwahlen at snf.stanford.edu) said:
>
> >Many users have experienced PR delamination during the development
> >for wafers coated on Thursday Jan 10th. Problem could come from a
> >bad lot of PR or bad temperature and humidity in the cleanroom.
> >Wafers that I coated on Tuesday night, had no problem during
> >development but very bad delamination during wet etching (BOE). In
> >this case I was thinking that the problem might rather come from bad
> >HMDS priming. I should have more results to discuss about tomorrow
> >evening. You can contact me for more inputs then.
>
> This is not the first time we have had this sort of problem. In the
> future I think it would benefit us all if at the first sign of
> lifting resist (at etch, or at svgdev) the person who has the problem
> immediately sends a message to: svgcoat at snf.stanford.edu. This way we
> would all be alerted to watch out. I think we should start using
> these equipment user addresses as a forum on equipment issues. Most
> people do not get the shutdown and problem messages sent through
> coral, and it appears we cannot count on staff to send out messages
> of this sort.
>
> This message would also short cut the "it must be a problem with your
> wafers" response we all get. We could save ourselves hours of time
> trying to figure out what we did wrong with our processing when, in
> fact, it is an equipment problem.
>
> You can count the time spent composing and sending the message as
> "community service" : )
>
> Let me know what you all think about this (I am glad my resist lifted
> at svgdev and not in the BOE tank!).
>
> Sharleen

moe.

--------
Mohammed H. Badi		I'm just sipping on chamomile.
650-906-0663