HMDS Canister

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 17 11:20:03 PST 2004

Hi all --

As you may know, last week someone removed the N2 line from the HMDS
canister (which meant there was no HMDS dispensed) and changed the
programs for EBR and arm positions.  Now, to whomever did these
things:   This is really bad form, and really messed up the work of
people.

Yes, this is a research lab and people have to try new things --
Mistakes can be made and are all a part of being in a creative learning
environment...  but we ALL have to take responsibility for our
actions.   We are a shared facility, so we all have to consider the
safety of others and respect that others need to do work here as well.

So...  If you did this and are willing to be a good lab community member
and take responsibility for these actions, we'll have a little chat, and
will ask you to make it up to the other svgcoat users by doing a little
community service.  If, on the other hand, we have to do detective work,
the consequences may be much more dire (and probably scaled to the
degree of annoyance incurred by all involved.)

Finally, I know it's awfully tempting to use svgcoat for "just one
wafer" when some one else has it enabled.  Granted, on some tools, it's
the only way to operate (i.e., wbnonmetal.)  However, for svgcoat, each
of us should enable it in our own name.  Understand that, whatever the
circumstances, the person who has a tool enabled is completely
responsible for it during their enable time --  i.e., you are
responsible even for OTHER people's use of the tool, if it's under YOUR
login.  (At least this is what we go by, unless someone can come up with
a better system...)

Thanks for your attention --

Mary

--