Comment regarding shutdown of track 1 due to dropped pieces

Edgar Peralta eperalta at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 5 00:59:49 PDT 2011

Hi all,

One can be understanding when machines break down "spontaneously", but
the svgcoat operating procedures/restrictions clearly state: "4 INCH
WAFERS ONLY, NO PIECES", so in this case the user chose to be
inconsiderate/selfish and ignored this restriction. It may be that in
the past he or she didn't have any problem using pieces, but you
simply cannot take this kind of risk in a shared user facility!

This is frustrating and upsetting. I really needed to do litho tonight to get
back on schedule since the P5000 was down...if I could I'd take those
dropped pieces and dump them in the trash!

Sincerely,

--
Edgar A. Peralta
Ph.D. Candidate, Stanford University