Problem svgcoat2 SNF 2008-10-24 13:23:38: Very fine mist on all my wafers

gsosa at snf.stanford.edu gsosa at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 24 15:20:42 PDT 2008

Inspected and found a broken wafer in the process bowl. I suspect that the very large piece was deflecting EBR back onto the wafer. The very large piece could have also altered the exhaust dynamics of the process bowl causing the poor spin. This is not the 1st time that we have found broken wafers in the process bowl with NO problem or comment reported in coral.  In this case, a user will have to rework many wafers because of this.  Please report broken wafers in the process bowl so that maintenance can address the problem and clean up as needed.  The quality of your work and other users work  depends on it.