Problem svgdev 2003-05-04 18:17:34: Report Problem for svgdev

Sharleen Beckwith beckwith at cis.stanford.edu
Mon May 5 11:11:01 PDT 2003

At 6:17 AM -0700 5/4/03, erics at snf.stanford.edu wrote:

>whenever I develop SPR220-7 ~7um I notice that the first puddle does
>not cover the whole wafer surface. I imagine that many people that
>use this recipe are haveing the same problem because I notice it
>every time I run the program. I have quickly talked to Mike M. about
>it but am not sure if he relayed the information. It seems to me to
>be related to a surface tension effect. I think that if there was a
>light water spray before the first develop puddle it would break the
>surface tension and relieve the problem.

I have seem this problem also. I usually take a swab and carefully
push the developer around on the wafer until it is completely
covered. Low tech, but it works.

Sharleen
--

"When war, like the one now in Iraq, threatens the fate of humanity,
it is even more urgent for us to proclaim, with a firm and decisive voice,

Pope John Paul II, commenting on the U. S. invasion of Iraq, March 2003