Coral enabling problems ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 2 13:18:48 PST 2004

SNF Lab Members:

I'm aware that there are currently enabling problems both svgdev and
evalign.  In each case, it is behaving as if there is an opencircuit in
the enabling chain.  Because I know that there is a lot of demand for
these tools, I've temporarily modified the database so that they won't
make use of the interlocks.  However, to complete this workaround,
either Mike or Mario will have to use the manual interlock box to turn
these things on.  I'd do it myself but am involved in a conference call
for the next hour.

If they can do this part, this should get you off the ground until we
have a chance to figure out whether a component has failed or a wire is
open or what.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL: at the moment: you can actually enable it on Coral
now ... but because the interlock doesn't close the relay, the
instrument won't work so please don't try this until Mario or Mike can
use the manual override box.

Thanks,

John